Thursday 10 March 2011

The new addition to my family......my Diana F+!

I thought I would introduce you to the new addition to my camera collection, the Diana F+.


(Taken from Lomo Lomo using the Diana camera on iphone 4)

I first came across Lomography when I went to Urban Outfitters and brought a Fisheye camera for my sister in law.  Nothing more came from this until I saw it in many places in my recent trip to Hong Kong and I came back and did some further digging.

Back in the early '60s, the Diana camera was a cult legend, famous for its dreamy, radiant, lo-fi images.  The Diana F+ is a new twist on the classic.  It uses 120mm film (yes, I didn't know what they were to start off with either), and the film is paper and not plastic like the 35mm film, normally a roll takes about 12 pictures which are of a square format.  I did debate for quite sometime if I wanted to get a camera which wasn't digital, but I did like the uncertainty.


(120mm film, yes a lot bigger....taken using the TiltShiftGen application on iphone 4, note the background is blurred which is one of the features from the application)

So the Diana F+ allows me take double exposures, if not triple exposures, use 35mm if I change the back of the camera, take pictures with sprockets (you know the holes on the negatives, the pictures would have these), take instant pictures (using an instant back) and change the lens of the camera...so lots to experiment with.

I first played around with it last week at a Lomography workshop (That will be another post), pictures to follow soon...I do hope they turn out well.

Have a look at the Lomography Site and maybe give it a go, you never know what photos you will get!

http://www.lomography.com/

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment